Monday 12 December 2016

Review of the day

It was a light day, tips wise – with just the 3 relatively big priced selections - so in a way it wasn’t too surprising that there were no winners…

That said, I did finish the day feeling a little frustrated about how well I’d read things – only to make a loss.

I know a lot of you use the write-up to guide – and hopefully it continues to point you in the right direction.

However, I also know that a number of you rely on the tips – as do I, to provide a P&L that can sell the service.

At the moment, I am struggling to find tips – and ‘value’ bets are very rare beasts – I need to consider the options to see if there are any ways that I can increase the volume…

Anyway, a few quick words on the ones that I did issue…

Module and Buywise were my 2 selections for the main race of the day – but neither featured.
Module looked like a horse in decline: whilst Buywise made at least one shocking blunder and was interfered with by a faller.
The application of a visor seemed to make little difference to him.

Debdebdeb was the days other tip.
A bit like Audacious Plan yesterday, she was very well backed (suggesting a good run was expected) – and she ran a really big race.
Unfortunately however it wasn’t good enough to get her home in front and she could only stay on for a third placing…

Briery Queen won the race – and she was one of the ones I feared: whilst On Demand ran a massive race to finish second. She could be backed pre-race at 50 – and almost touched 3 in running.
I hope one or two of you managed to trade her…

She was the second back-to-lay suggestion that I put up on the day – and the first one, De Faoithesdream, did even better.
He was available at 30 on BF pre-race – but was down close to even money, when he stumbled after jumping the second last.
Whether he would have got home, is a different matter – but he did run a huge race.

The race was won by Eastleake – but he was genuinely almost unpickable !!

The opener on the Cheltenham card was won by Defi Du Seuil, as I thought it might be.

I thought that Different Gravey would probably win the next - but he was weak in the market – certainly compared to his stablemate, Whisper.
That one had a lot to prove over fences – but the market knew best and whilst Different Gravey struggled with his jumping, Whisper was cat-like.

Ami Desbois was another who I gave a big mention to – and he ran a really big race, at a big price.
Again, he wasn’t quite good enough to win – Wholestone ran him down after the last – but it was still a very good performance.

In the International hurdle, The New One was an impressive winner – have been backed accordingly.
The rain made conditions perfect for him – and he did seem to improve for the more aggressive ride given to him, by Richard Johnson.
Based on todays form, he would have half a chance in the Champion hurdle.

Over at Doncaster, Kalane won the opener as I thought she would.
Hers was probably the most frustrating performance of the day – as I really wanted to tip her – but didn’t dare to.
That was because I was fearful of market support for Shadows Lengthen.
However by post time he was a big drifter – and Kalane duly hacked up.

It’s a nearly impossible situation. I don’t see how I can tip in such circumstances, even though I would have been quite happy to do so, 5 minutes before the off…

The distance chase didn’t go quite as I expected, with non of the 4 market leaders featuring in the finish.
No Duffer just got the better of a thrilling duel with Long Lunch, thereby showing himself a much improved horse.
I thought Ziga Boy ran a fine race to finish third. If he is aimed at the Welsh National - and provided the ground stays quickish – he’s no 33/1 shot…

The market didn’t say a lot either way, about the chances of Hawk High in the handicap hurdle - but he ran a decent race to finish third.
On similar ground, he would be of great interest next time.

O O Seven was comprehensively turned over in the novice chase – and it was indeed Present Man who came out on top - despite jumping violently to his right.
The horse clearly has a lot of ability.

Finally, Cliffs of Dover made every post a winning one – and despite tiring a little close home, won comfortably enough.
At least Joseph now knows where his juveniles stand…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment