Monday 16 January 2017

Review of the day

There are times when I swear this game could send you crazy…

I issued two tips today: one which I felt very confident about: and one which I wish I could have taken back !

The one which I felt very confident about, was Baltimore Rock.
I couldn’t understand why he was available at 7/1 this morning – though I was starting to get suspicious when I saw him drift to 10 on BF at the off.

Simply, the horse had the form and potential to be 3/1 or less in todays race – so the price on offer, didn’t make sense.
Ofcourse, what I don’t know, is how it had travelled over or how it was in itself – and maybe there were issues which other knew about.

Whatever, the horse didn’t run its race.
It was held up in last and pulled up before half way.
There should have been an enquiry into its running – but I doubt there was (though the reason for the poor performance will probably come to light, eventually).

Fortunately, his run took place 10 minutes after Teo Vivo had hacked up at Kelso.

I didn’t feel anywhere near as confident about him.
I could see him running a decent race – but I was very concerned that something would be better than him.

Yet again, the betting knew best, however.
He drifted out early but was very strong in the market near the off.

That gave me hope (particularly as the 2 I feared most, were weak in the betting).
And low and behold, he won unchallenged.
Sleepy Haven even did the decent thing and followed him home – for those of you brave enough to embrace the forecast…

In the only other race of interest on the day, Fine Rightly appeared to be cruising to victory – but then just seemed to hit a brick wall.
He traded at 1.2 in running, approaching the final fence – but found nothing when he was let down.

I’m sure the horse stays the trip – so it was either the very heavy ground – or possibly a bug in the yard.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment